Twentytwo’s Digital Digest: February
Here at Twentytwo we’re making it easier than ever to keep up with the latest trends, updates, and news within the industry with our monthly Digital Digest!
- Facebook finally announced the Instagram Content Publishing API, which made every marketer’s scheduling dreams come true! The API allows Instagram Business accounts to schedule and publish posts from third-party platforms. Read more about the Instagram Content Publishing API here.
- Speaking of Instagram, the platform has recently announced that it will begin to penalise content shared to Instagram from other platforms or apps. This will particularly impact users who are currently sharing TikTok content as Reels, and the move was announced on their @creators page earlier this month. View the post here.
- Clubhouse has taken the world by storm, and whether you think it’s a passing fad or the Next Big Thing, there’s no doubt the new audio-based platform is making an impact. Such an impact, in fact, that Facebook is reportedly already creating their own version! Read more about Facebook’s Clubhouse clone here.
- You’d have to have been living under a rock to not see the collaboration of the century: Weetabix and Baked Beans. The meme quickly went viral on Twitter, with huge brands like Ford, Specsavers, and Domino’s joining in. What may have seemed like a fun, nonsensical stunt succeeded in uniting the nation and spiking search traffic for Weetabix. Read more from the team behind the Weetabix and Baked Beans meme here.
Design & Web
- The team at Rise at Seven have once again created something we didn’t know we’ve always wanted – the Queen Screen. This concept site enables you to change the colour of our Sovereign’s iconic clothing to whatever your heart desires. Check out the Queen Screen concept here.
- Hungarian designer Vatány Szabolcs created Focus Ex: a font and browser extension that makes it easier for people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, to concentrate when reading online content. Fully customisable and mobile friendly, this innovation is a huge step in the right direction for accessibility. Learn more about Focus Ex here.
- Finally, Kit Kat have jumped on the lockdown trend with their new ad, encouraging their customers to ‘have a break’ from their days of Zoom meetings, proving that sometimes, simplicity is key.
Social Media Manager